- 01/30/2019, congratulations to Maoyu, Marcos and Yan for publishing their paper, entitled, "Influence of Fe Substitution into LaCoO3 Electrocatalysts on Oxygen-Reduction Activity" in ACS Applied Materials and Interface! Well done!
- 01/11/2019, congratulations to Marcos and Widitha for passing their qualification exams!
- 06/26/2018, Maoyu and Widitha attended local AVS meeting and local ACS meeting (NORM) at PNNL and presented their research work.
- 06/23/2018, congratulations to Maoyu for getting equal-contributed first author paper published in Angewandte Chemie International Edition, "Introducing Fe2+ into Nickel-Iron Layered Double Hydroxide: Local Structure Modulated Water Oxidation Activity"!
- 04/25/2018, we got our new group photo! Welcome new memebers!
- 04/23/2018, congratulations to Tucker for being selected as the Johnson Scholar for his summer internship at our group!
- 03/12/2018, our Nature Communications paper (2018, 9, 415) gets hightlights on Nature Nanotechnology.
- 03/08/2018, congratulations to Maoyu for getting coauthor paper published in ACS Catalysis, "Unveiling Active Sites of CO2 Reduction on Nitrogen Coordinated and Atomically Dispersed Iron and Cobalt Catalysts"!
- 02/07/2018, congratulations for our collaborative paper being accepted by Materials Letters, "An environmental benign approach to high performance anode for Li-ion battery: N-rich porous carbon from Cr(VI)-polluted water treatment".
- 01/18/2018, congratulations for our paper being accpeted by Surface and Interface Analysis, "The Interface Electrochemical & Chemical Mechanism of a Low Alloy Steel In a 3.5% NaCl Solution Containing Ce3+-based Inhibitor".
- 01/12/2018, congratulations to Prof. Feng for being named as a reipient of a Scialog: Advanced Energy Storage award.
- 01/02/2018, Great news in New Year! Congratulations to Maoyu to get an equally-contributed first-author paper accepted in Nature Communications, entitled "Active Sites of Cu-Complex Catalytic Materials for Electrochemical CO2 Reduction".
- 12/17/2017, congratulations to Maoyu for getting coauthor paper published in Advanced Materials, "Nitrogen Coordinated Single Cobalt Atom Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction in Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells"!
- 12/11/2017, congratulations on our paper, “Reveal the Dominant Chemistry for Oxygen Reduction Reaction on Small Oxide Nanoparticles”, being accepted to ACS Catalysis.
- 12/06/2017, great news! Our first collaborative paper with Dr. Chen and Dr. Amine's group in Argonne National Laboratory, "Protecting Al foils for high-voltage lithium-ion chemistries", has been published on Materials Today Energy!
- 11/27-12/01/2017, Prof. Feng attended 2017 MRS Fall meeting at Boston. He presented a contributed talk and chaired one session in symposium TC07. On Dec. 1st, He also visited Yale University and delivered an invited seminar talk at Department of Chemistry. Thanks for the invitiation and host by Prof. Hailiang Wang.
- 11/28/2017, the collaborative paper, "Co stabilized metallic 1Td MoS2 monolayers: Bottom-up synthesis and enhanced capacitance with ultra-long cycling stability", has been published on Materials Today Energy!
- 11/17/2017, our collaborative paper entitled, "Towards identifying the active sites on RuO2 (110) in catalyzing oxygen evolution”, has been accepted by Energy & Environmenal Science!
- 11/06/2017, we, together with JCESR, have successfully organized and hosted an energy storage meeting at OSU. We got ~100 people from Universities, National Labs and 10 companies to attend. Here are several highlights and reports from different sources: CBEE News, JCESR weekly news, JCESR twitter.
- 10/31/2017, Halloween Candy! Congratulations for our collaborative paper being accepted in Journal of Power Sources, entitled, “Incorporation of Co into MoS2/graphene nanocomposites: one effective way to enhance the cycling stability of Li/Na storage”.
- 09/14//2017, Michael and Morgan, URSA Engage undergraduate researchers, presented great talks in URSA summer symposium! Well-done!
- 09/13/2017, congratulations to Maoyu for his second coauthor paper that is accepted in Journal of the American Chemical Society, entitled,"Single Atomic Iron Catalysts for Oxygen Reduction in Acidic Media: Particle Size Control and Thermal Activation". This is our first collaborative work with Prof. Gang Wu of the University at Buffalo.
- 09/08/2017, congratulations to Maoyu for winning the 3rd place in the Graduate Student Poster Competition at the 28th American Vacuum Soceity Annual Symposium of Pacific Northwest Chapter!
- 07/11/2017, congratulations to Maoyu for his first coauthor paper accepted in ACS Central Science, "Electroreduction of CO2 Catalyzed by a Heterogenized Zn-Porphyrin Complex with a Redox-Innocent Metal Center"! This is also our first paper with Prof. Hailiang Wang in Yale University. We expect to have more coming out.
- 07/05/2017, our collaborative paper with scientists from PNNL, "Nitrogen–Doped Graphitized Carbon Shell Encapsulated NiFe Nanoparticles: A Highly Durable Oxygen Evolution Catalyst", has recently been accepted by Nano Energy!
- 06/16/2017, a collaborative paper, "A Multisite Strategy for Enhancing the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction at Nano-Pd Surface in Alkaline Media", has recently been accepted by Advanced Energy Materials!
- 06/06/2017, our electrocatalysis paper entitled, "PtFe Nanoparticles Supported on Electroactive Au-PANI Core @ Shell Nanoparticles for High Performance Bifunctional Electrocatalysis", has been accepted by Journal of Materials Chemistry A!
- 05/16/2017, we got couple of cool lab and class photos.
- 04/13/2017, we have our first group photo!
- 04/04/2017, congratulations to Prof. Feng for being named the endowed faculty in 2017 as a Callahan Faculty Scholar!
- 03/12/1027, our electrocatalysis paper entitled, "Composite Hollow Nanostructures Composed of Carbon-coated Ti3+ Self-doped TiO2-Reduced Graphene Oxide as an Efficient Electrocatalyst for Oxygen Reduction", has been accepted by Journal of Materials Chemistry A!
- 03/07/2017, it is exciting that our coauthor paper on lithium-sulfur battery, "A High Performance Lithium-Sulfur Battery Enabled by Fish-Scale Porous Carbon/Sulfur Composite and Symmetric Fluorinated Diethoxyethane Electrolyte", has been accepted by Journal of Materials Chemistry A!
- 03/06/2017, our paper entitled, "Cations in Octahedral Sites: A Descriptor for Oxygen Electrocatalysis on Transition Metal Spinels", has been accepted by Advanced Materials!
- 03/02/2017, our coauthor paper, "High Voltage LiNi0.5Mn0.3Co0.2O2/Graphite Cell Cycled at 4.6 V with A FEC/HFDEC-Based Electrolyte", has been accepted by Advanced Energy Materials!
- 12/23/2016, our invited review paper on lithium and sodium batteries using metal oxides and sulfides nanocomposites is online now at Advanced Energy Materials.
- 12/12/2016, the first paper of 2017 from our group is available online in Journal of The Electrochemical Society. This is about high-voltage and high-capacity lithium-ion battery.
- 12/08/2016, we are having our group lunch in downtown Corvallis to celebrate the end of the fall term! We have prepared for the holidays!
- 11/10/2016, Prof. Feng delivered an invited talk in the Department of Chemistry at Florida State University. Thanks for the invitation from Prof. Yan-Yan Hu! Looking forward to more collaborations!
- 11/05/2016, our paper on lithium-ion battery entitled "Novel preparation of N-doped SnO2 nanoparticles through laser assisted pyrolysis: demonstration of exceptional lithium storage properties” has been accepted in Advanced Materials.
- 10/18/2016, a new lithium-sulfur paper entitled "Development of the γ-polyglutamic acid binder for cathodes with high mass fraction of sulfur" has been accpeted!
- 10/02/2016-10/07/2016, Prof. Feng attended the ECS PRiME meeting in Hawaii and gave a contributed talk. He also had a dinner with Prof. John B. Goodenough with some discussions.
Left Figure: Prof. Feng with Prof. Goodenough after battery division luncheon. Right Figure: Live radio broadcasting of battery discussion from PRiME 2016. From left: host, John B. Goodenough (USA), M. Stan Whittingham (USA), Mike M. Thackeray (USA), Zempachi Ogumi (Japan), Martin Winter (Germany).
- 08/24/2016, Feng research group website is created!
- 08/09/2016, Prof. Feng visited Shanghai Institute of Ceramics, Chinese Academy of Science, and gave an invited talk. Thanks for the invitation from Dr. WEN Zhaoyin. [link]