Books and Book Chapters
- Karthikeyan, R., and M. Babbar-Sebens, 2015 (in press), “Transport of Biochemical and Microorganisms,” Handbook of Applied Hydrology, Chapter 72, McGraw Hill.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Javaheri, A., M. Babbar-Sebens, R.N. Miller, “Remote sensing data assimilation in water quality numerical model of Eagle Creek Reservoir using Ensemble Kalman filter method,” Advances in Water Resources (in review).
- Piemonti, A.D., Macuga, K.L., and M. Babbar-Sebens, “Evaluation of usability and user learning for a web-based, participatory watershed planning tool,” Journal of Hydroinformatics (in review).
- Walters, K., and M. Babbar-Sebens, “Using Climate Change Scenarios to Evaluate Future Effectiveness of Potential Wetlands in Mitigating High Flows in a Midwestern U.S. Watershed,” Ecological Engineering Volume 89, Pages 80–102, 2016.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., S. Mukhopadhyay, V.B. Singh, and A.D. Piemonti, “A web-based software for participatory optimization of conservation practices in watersheds,” Environmental Modelling and Software, 2015, 10.1016/j.envsoft.2015.03.011.
- Javaheri, A., and M. Babbar-Sebens, “On comparison of peak flow reductions, flood inundation maps, and velocity maps in evaluating effects of restored wetlands on channel flooding,” Ecological Engineering, Volume 73, December 2014, Pages 132–145.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., “An Engineer’s Perspective on Water Catchment Planning,” Farm Policy Journal, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 43-45, 2013, Winter, Surry Hills, Australia
- Piemonti, A.D., M. Babbar-Sebens, E.J. Luzar, “Optimizing conservation practices in watersheds: Do community preferences matter?,” Water Resources Research, VOL. 49, 1–25, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20491, 2013.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., L. Li, K. Song, and S. Xie, “On the use of Landsat-5 TM satellite for assimilating initial conditions of water temperature in 3D hydrodynamic model of small inland reservoir in Midwestern U.S.,” Advances in Remote Sensing, Vol. 2 No. 3, 2013, pp. 214-227. doi: 10.4236/ars.2013.23024.
- Bruder, S., M. Babbar-Sebens, L.P. Tedesco, and E. Soyeux, “Use of fuzzy logic models for prediction of taste and odor compounds in algal-bloom affected inland water bodies,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, DOI 10.1007/s10661-013-3471-1, 2013.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., R.C. Barr, L.P. Tedesco, and M. Anderson, “Spatial identification and optimization of upland wetlands in agricultural watersheds,” Ecological Engineering, Volume 52, Pages 130-142, 2013.
- Gallege, L.S., A.J. Phadke, R.R. Raje and M. Babbar-Sebens, “Cloud Service Selection from Earth Science Domain,” International Journal of Computer Applications, 2012 ICRTITCS(3):32-37. Published by Foundation of Computer Science, New York, USA.
- Gamble, A., and M. Babbar-Sebens, “On the use of multivariate statistical methods for combining in-stream monitoring data and spatial analysis to characterize water quality conditions in the White River basin, Indiana, U.S.A.,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, Volume 184, Number 2, Pages 845-875, 2012.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., and B.S. Minsker, “Interactive genetic algorithm with mixed initiative interaction for multi-criteria ground water monitoring design,” Applied Soft Computing, Volume 12, Issue 1, Pages 182-195, 2012.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., and B.S. Minsker, "Case-based micro interactive genetic algorithm (CBMIGA) for interactive learning: Methodology and application to groundwater monitoring design," Environmental Modelling and Software, 25, pp. 1176-1187, 2010.
- Deepti, R. Karthikeyan, and M. Babbar-Sebens, "Predicting the fate and transport of E. coli in two Texas River Basins," Journal of the American Water Resources Association, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 928-944, 2009.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., and R. Karthikeyan, “Consideration of sample size for estimating contaminant load reductions using load duration curves," Journal of Hydrology, Volume 372, Issues 1-4, Pages 118-123, 2009.
- Teague, A., R. Karthikeyan, M. Babbar-Sebens, R. Srinivasan, and R. Persyn, “Spatially Explicit Load Enrichment Calculation Tool to Identify E. coli Sources in Watersheds.” Transactions of ASABE, 52(4), pp. 1109-1120, 2009.
- Babbar-Sebens, M., and B. S. Minsker, “Standard Interactive Genetic Algorithm (SIGA): A Comprehensive Optimization Framework for Long-Term Ground Water Monitoring Design,” J. of Water Resources Planning and Management, 134(6), pp. 538-547, 2008.
- Babbar, M., and B. S. Minsker, “Groundwater Remediation Design Using Multiscale Genetic Algorithms,” J. of Water Resources Planning and Management, 132(5), pp. 341-350, 2006.
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
- Mukhopadhyay, S., V.B., Singh, A.D. Piemonti, and M. Babbar-Sebens, “User Modeling with Limited Data: Application to Stakeholder-driven Watershed Design,” Proceedings of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Conference, Oct 5-8, San Diego, USA, 2014.
- Singh, V.B., S. Mukhopadhyay, and M. Babbar-Sebens, “User Modeling for Interactive Optimization using Neural Network,” Proceedings of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Conference, Oct 13-16, Manchester, UK, 2013.
- Singh, V.B., S. Mukhopadhyay, and M. Babbar-Sebens, “Decentralized Pursuit Learning Automata in Batch Mode,” Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems, The 13th International Symposium on Advanced Intelligent Systems, Nov.20 - 24, Kobe, Japan, 2012.
- Tilak, O., M. Babbar-Sebens, and S. Mukhopadhyay, “Decentralized and partially decentralized reinforcement learning for designing a distributed wetland system in watersheds,” Proceedings of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Conference, Anchorage, Alaska, Oct 9-12, pp. 271-276, ISBN 978-1-4577-0652-3, 2011.
- Babbar-Sebens , M., and S. Mukhopadhyay, " Reinforcement Learning for Human- Machine Collaborative Optimization: Application in Ground Water Monitoring," Proceedings of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC) Conference, pp. 3563 – 3568, 2009.
- Babbar, M., A. Lakshmikantha and D.E. Goldberg. “A Modified NSGA-II to Solve Noisy Multiobjective Problems,” in James Foster (editors), 2003 Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference. Late-Breaking Papers, pp. 21--27, AAAI, Chicago, Illinois, USA, July 2003.
- Babbar, M., and B. S. Minsker. “A Multiscale Master-Slave Parallel Genetic Algorithm with Application to Groundwater Remediation Design”, W. L. Langdon, E. Cantu-Paz, K. Mathias, R. Roy, D. Davis, R. Poli, K. Balakrishnan, V. Honavar, G. Rudolph, J. Wegener, L. Bull, M. A. Potter, A. C. Shultz, J. F. Miller, E. Burke, and N. Jonoska, editors. 2002. Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference,GECCO'2002. New York, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2002.